Brief Profile: Janet Josephine Lawrence - FACN
I am a proud nurse of 37 years. I have always been interested to be a nurse from a very young age and a teacher as well. I have been able to fulfill both roles in my own right and with the assistance of very special people in my life. They include my immediate family, my late husband Clarence, and supportive children Carolyn, Francis and David, including people in the past such as the Loreto sisters Kolkata, and the Medical Missionary sisters, Bihar, India.
My objective in life is to encourage as many people of various diverse cultural back-ground, gender and anyone above 18years of age. To acquire knowledge and skills to provide quality care for our frail elderly in aged care services, people with special and complex care needs in the community, and the sick in acute and mental health settings.
I am a Fellow of the Australian College of Nursing (Formerly known as Royal College of Nursing) over 26 years. In the past 37 years I have gained both national and international experience in nursing.
I am currently the:
- CEO/Director of Studies
- External Quality Coordinator
- Independent Aged Care Nurse Consultant
- Nurse Educator
In the past I have been:
- Director of Nursing
- Clinical Care Coordinator
- Administrator and Adviser to several aged care services
I have the qualifications as a Registered Nurse:
- Master of Nursing
- Graduate Diploma Health Administration
- Graduate Diploma in Gerontological Nursing
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Advanced Nursing) Major Nursing Administration
- Diploma of Business
- Diploma of Nursing Education
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment
I have currently withdrawn from the Doctor of Philosophy studies in the area of Aged Care from Victoria University due to the loss of my loving husband and hope to commence in July Doctor of Philosophy.
Since 2012 to present I provided Expert Advise to a legal firm on legal matters related to aged care issues.
Through my commitment to training and assessment I encourage independent decision-making and confidence in one's approach towards life.
Received Awards and Nominations for:
- Awarded Excellence in own field by Minister of Cultural Affairs - at the Federation of Indian Women’s Association of Australia (FIWAA)’s
- Best Bedside Nurse and Best All-round Nurse – Holy Family Hospital, Mandar, India.
- Certificates of Nomination from various Australian Health Ministers in the categories of:
- Excellence in Training and Staff Development
- Leadership and Innovation
- Innovation in Staff Recruitment and Retention
- Cultural Diversity at Work
- Professional Development
I may be contacted any time over the phone 0404000993 by email, face-book or in person.
Please Click Here to download a copy of my availability for the year 2013. Please note that the availability document is just an indication, changes may occur from time to time.
To avoid disappointment, I request you to call to me at at the reception on 03 94804445.